cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring 3 redundant routes

JACKADUDU
Level 1
Level 1

I need to configure my router for  three routes ( two separate fiber links and a radio link) with one of the fiber links being the primary link, the other fiber a secondary route and the radio a backup route for the fibers.

I am looking for a best fail-over configuration that will allow traffic to flow primarily on fiber link and failover to fiber link  incase of failure in link  and incase of failures of both fiber links, the traffic to flow on the Radio Link. The configuration should allow for reverse once the fibers are restored.

I will be routing via eBGP to the provider end and OSPF on my internal network.

2 Replies 2

Hello

Can you provide addtional information please to how your network is setup

Are these links terminationg to the same router or multiple within each site?

What routes are you receiving from the other site ( ebgp peers) - full routing or just statics?
This other site is it an ISP  or a private network and how are you connecting to it? ( l2/3vpn/internet based circuit/p2p etc..)

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

trfinkenstadt
Level 1
Level 1

You're running eBGP across both fiber links and the radio link?

Simple way is as-path prepending the routes in both directions whilst tuning the BGP hello/dead timers way down from 1m/3m..  You can use whichever BGP metric you want: MED, as-path, weight, localpref, etc.  

Without the other information Paul asked for, it's difficult to give a more accurate answer.

hth, 

tim

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card