cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring QoS on EHWIC-D-8ESG

michael mack
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone help with how to configure the queues on the 8 port Gigabit modules?  I've gone through Cisco's documentation and nothing seems to match up to how to change the queuing on the ports.  There's docs for the older switch models, but nothing that I can find for these guys.  I've tried all the various switch commands under the interfaces I can think of and nothing appears to be supported.  Ideally I'd really just like to change the outbound queuing to support a priority voice queue.  These modules are supposed to have 8 queues per port, so I'm assuming its possible to do, just can't figure out the right commands to enable it.

2 Replies 2

Q. How does 802.1p priority support IP telephony?

A. The Cisco IP Phones, such as the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7900 Series, tag the voice packets with CoS 5 priority. Therefore, the EHWIC switch classifies these packets as high priority by placing them in the appropriate queue, and then provides expedited forwarding. This prioritization helps minimize delay and jitter for voice applications.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/qa_c67-612908.html

You may use voice vlan for correct prioritisation  voice traffic.

I know that you can use voice vlan, but that only works if you have phones directly attached.  I need to know how to use traffic prioritization when there's no phone attached (as in qos between two switches).  There doesn't seem to be any way to set prioritized queuing on these guys.  There's no mls command, no auto qos, no priority command.  If there is, its not immediately obvious.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card