cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting several Networks

arfallaha
Level 1
Level 1

First of all, thanks to anyone who tries to help and support this question.

We are a starting small company with 3 branches

I was requested to connect the Main branch with the 2 other branches. So I thought the best solution is to get a fast internet connection for each one of the 3 branches (ex. 100mbs) with a static IP address.

And to connect those 2 to the main branch I was advised to get the ASA 5505 for each branch and connect them by creating 2 Secure VPN networks.

So lets say I have the following:

Main Branch:

Public static IP address: 7.7.7.7

Internal NID: 192.168.1.0/24

Server Static IP Address: 192.168.1.1/24

Second branch:

Public Static IP address: 8.8.8.8

Internal NID: 192.168.2.0/24

Server Static IP address: 192.168.2.1/24

Third Branch:

Public Static IP address: 9.9.9.9

Internal NID: 192.168.3.0/24

Server Static IP address: 192.168.3.1/24

Note that the ASA Firewalls will be connected to normal routers provided by the ISP unless its necessary to do otherwise.

So What I'm asking is:

1. Is it possible to do so with these ASA 5505 firewalls?

2. For the main branch, Do I have to have several public IP addresses?

3. Can you please provide a syntax configuration for how those ASA 5505 Firewalls should be configured?

4. Is there a much cheaper way to do this?

Thank you very much for your help

Sincerely,

ARFallaha

1 Reply 1

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1) Yes you can create multiple IPSEC VPNs between your ASA's

2) You can have several public IP's, with ASA you just do Proxy Arp and NAT - you need to order the addresses from ISP

3) You're better off asking in the Security and VPN section of the forum. Or even youtube/google search. There are many articles explaining how to configure vpn between firewalls

4) Well you could look at other vendors which are cheaper with good/better performance, Juniper SRX, Palo Alto PA's etc...

Hope this helps.

Bilal

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card