cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

connecting someone via BGP and default route

xenomorph80
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, normally I would research this and study the material that I need, but I'm under a time constraint, so if anyone can help me that would be great.

I Currently have a 7206VXR, IOS 12.3(5a) connected to 1 ISP and getting full BGP routes and it has a public AS number and a /19 from ARIN.

I need to connect a "customer" to me via BGP, advertise their AS number, and pass them a default route, they are using a Cisco 4700 (ancient, yes). I am creating a /29 into a VLAN to connect to them, but I am not sure how to go about setting up the BGP stuff, what command to set the external peer IP with, or how to give them a default route and advertise their AS number, if anyone can give me some quick tips and hints or command lines it would help much, thanks :)

1 Reply 1

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

It is necessary to ensure reachability for networks within an AS before sending the information to external ASs. This is done by a combination of internal BGP (iBGP) peering between routers inside an AS and by redistributing BGP information to Internal Gateway Protocols (IGPs) running in the AS.

For more information : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a00800c95bb.shtml#staticredist

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card