Views
Helpful
Replies

Copper with ADSL backup

teriyaghoubian
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm looking to find a configuration template on a standard Cisco 1700 router. I have a customer that has a 2Mbs ethernet service and would like the option to have a ADSL as backup. Is there a configuration that i can look at to see how it will be configured and how would the routes change between the 2Mbs service and the ADSL link.

Any help or suggestions would be great

Teri

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Are you planning to go for a VPN Connectivity to the remote location using these links or for simple internet connectivity using them ?

you can lookout for Enhanced object tracking feature available with IOS at present which can help you ti get your backup link activated once you loose the connectivity thru the primary ethernet link..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5413/products_feature_guide09186a00801d862d.html

regds

Hi

Yes the connections will be a VPN to each interface.

The router that I have is a 1750 that has the enhanced object tracking feature. I have never configured this before on any router, Do i need to configure this on both interfaces?

Can i use Ripv2 to achieve this other than object tracking?

Thank You for your link it is very helpfull.

Teri

Hi

Have seen few success stories here in netpro with Enhanced Object tracking thats the main reason i have suggested the same to you.

one more option you have here is to built GRE tunnels over primary and secondary link which will also help you to reroute the traffic accordingly as per the physical link status conditioned that you have proper static routes configured in place.

I would also suggest to check out for Enhanced Object Tracking sample configs here in netpro itself which will fetch you the rite one which you need in place and also other additional info..

regds

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card