cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

COX Business Internet w/Multiple IPs

Jesse Shumaker
Level 1
Level 1

We own a block of 5 ips. Our primary ip (95.111.111.114) is assigned to the uc520's fast ethernet 0/0 port. This uc520 has only one fast ethernet port for WAN use running IOS 12.4 with advanced services. Due to the nature of Cox Internet, in order for a public IP to be seen as active and in use, it has to be ARP cached in the modem you own. We have no problems with the 114 IP as it's the active NATed IP and assigned directly to the WAN interface. The problem arrises when we want to use the other IP's in our block (95.111.111.115-118). I have tried doing one to one nats like this:

ip nat inside source static 192.168.10.5 95.111.111.115

but it won't work. I've done a show ip nat translations and I see the router creating them, but I can never get internet on that public ip from that internet lan ip. I know this is correct and should work because I've used the same command with our other T-1 internet provider and it works perfectly.

What do you suggest I try to get these other public IP's working?

thanks for any help you can provide.

3 Replies 3

Jeff Van Houten
Level 5
Level 5

Make sure ip proxy-arp is not disabled on that interface.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

thanks for the response.

yeah I did try that originally and made sure it's enabled. thats probably why it works on the t-1 isp.

I wish that fixed this as well.

can anyone else help with this and shed some light on the best method to make this work?

thanks ahead of time     

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card