cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating Redundancy in Cisco 3925 Router-CME(78xx series telephones support only SIP)

thiyagarajan.v1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing an issue while creating an Redundancy between 2 Cisco 3925 Router - CME. We have Cisco 7821, 7841 & 7861 Model Telephones which will support only SIP. When i create an HSRP in the router it is allowing only the TFTP packets not the SIP packets, so the Telephones are not registered.

DHCP has been enabled and in the command Option , i have provided 2 IP address(One for Primary and another as redundant this will register in Telephone as Primary and Secondary   TFTP Server IP). It didnt work.

Kindly advice how to create an redundancy between this 2 routers.

2 Replies 2

Tagir Temirgaliyev
Spotlight
Spotlight

do you need cme redundancy or router gateway redundancy? I think you can not do both. only one or another.

Require Router Gateway Redundancy. In case the Router 1 link fails my Redundant Router should take automatically(but at present i need to plug out and plug in the cable of Telephones to communicate with the Redundant router)...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card