Views
Helpful
Replies

default routes

MedTiti92
Level 1
Level 1

Hi every one ,

I had some issues in my lab network, actually all my traffics users go to the internet throught the ISP-01 by defaut route like this : 

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 a.a.a.a, now i want to make another route to internet by another ISP-02 connected to this router ; please see below to understand well !

gft.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello
You can use Policy based routing for this?

Example ( excluding any NAT and assumption is the ISP2 connection is established) -
internal network - 192.168.1.0/24

ip access-list extended ISP2
deny ip 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255
permit ip host 192.168.1.10 any

route-map PBR_ISP2
matich ip address ISP2
set ip next-hop <isp2)

int x/x
internal lan facing interface
ip policy route-map PBR_ISP2

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello
You can use Policy based routing for this?

Example ( excluding any NAT and assumption is the ISP2 connection is established) -
internal network - 192.168.1.0/24

ip access-list extended ISP2
deny ip 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255
permit ip host 192.168.1.10 any

route-map PBR_ISP2
matich ip address ISP2
set ip next-hop <isp2)

int x/x
internal lan facing interface
ip policy route-map PBR_ISP2

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Another alternative would be to place your "red" links into another VRF.

With either the PBR or VRF approaches, I believe it's possible to have one Internet default backup the other, but that does increase the complexity.

MedTiti92
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Guys for your answer, i think i will try with pbr first and see this solution, and have the vrf as second solution(Thanks Joseph W.)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card