cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Design Question (MPLS and Cisco 2800 series ISR )

Lentini32
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was just looking for some advice or suggestions for which ISR router would fit our needs.

Currently we have remote sites (MPLS) with about 5-10 users.  Setup I have at each site is a Cisco 2811, 16 port card, with an E1/T1 VWIC.  Another site is coming online with 20 users, not sure which way to go with that setup and was looking for some advice. I do see they have a 24 port card but it seems I need to bump up the router to a 2821?

Thanks in advance,

-j

2 Replies 2

yzeledon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Getting the router is not only related to the ammount of users but also to the features you need in the router. Now, since they are going to have more users I do see the need to upgrade the switch blade, although the 2811 doesn't support the 24-Port NME-X module you can add a Catalyst 2960 switch, remember that the 16- and 36-port Switch modules are Catalyst 2950. Now, I can also point you to the Catalyst Express switches, here is the data sheet for review:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps7238/product_data_sheet0900aecd8060aee4.html

Intead of upgrading the router, we could just add the switch as an extra and that way they can keep using the same router.

Let me know if you need more information.

Cheers,

Yanil

Yanil,

Thanks, good point, much appreciated!

-j 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card