Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I'm currently trying to propose a design for a small site. The setup would be:

No. of users is not more than 30. Devices provided:

Primary router: Cisco CISCO881-SEC-K9 - IOS C880DATA-U​NIVERSALK9-M

backup router : 4G router C897VAMG-LTE-GA-K9

Switches: CISCO Catalyst 2960-X 48 GigE, 4 x 1G SFP, LAN Base

The site is so small and the setup I have in mind is to put the 2 switches in stack and then connect a L3 Etherchannel to both routers and use EIGRP as routing protocol.

Please feel free to give some advise. Only these devices are available and I cannot suggest a better platform due to budget constraints.

5 Replies 5

SavithaAruntha
Level 1
Level 1

A professional website design is essential for every business. You must take the steps necessary for business growth, and having a website is the easiest way to let potential customers know about your company.

Hadoop Training in Chennai | Informatica Training in Chennai

jbattist
Level 1
Level 1

Hello lemonsweater,

That sounds like a good topology.  Is the LAN side going to be a flat network or is there a need for VLAN, for like voice, wireless, security?  I think you have equipment capable to suffice the site. 

Hi jbattist

There could be around 3-4 vlans including a wirelss. No voice no firewall. Just a really amall site buddy. Im just not sure if the 4g router can run dunamic routing and etherchanneling.:)

chaocc
Level 1
Level 1

That's a good plan. The only case against stacking is if the users aren't all located in one area and the cost differential between pulling some number of copper lines is greater than a couple of fiber runs. If they are all pulled already to one closet then stack away!

thanks chaocc, yes all users are basically in one area. this is a very small office :)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card