Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Problems with AP 1200

4asoehnchen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an Network with some AP 1200. Using the Cisco-Client-Adapters, 350,352,.., DHCP works!

If I use any other Vendor ( like On-Board-Adapters ),I have to change the IP Address to static, then it works.

Is there any Parameter, i should know?

2 Replies 2

ChrisCopley_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have never seen a problem with DHCP running with 3rd party (non-cisco)wirless adapters. Depending on the type of security your running, and your DHCP server settings you sould be fine. Make sure your DHCP server does not filter by MAC. Or you dont limit your AP by MAC filtering. (I have seen that in the past) I would look closer to your pc/adapter settings also. If running winXP (login in as admin) and check firewall policies on the adapter. Make sure you dont have a virtual adapter running on it as well. If you are running Active Directory you may also want to check your GPO's. This may not correct the issue, but it should be something to try.

Good Luck - Chris

balajitvk
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I do see this probs sometime with non-cisco client adapters.

Some non-Cisco Aironet 802.11g client devices require a firmware upgrade before they can associate to the 802.11g radio in the access point. If the non-Cisco Aironet 802.11g client device does not associate to the access point, we need to download and install the latest client firmware from the manufacturer's website.

Rate if it does,

Rgs,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card