cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMVPN Default routes (over internet and over tunnel)

jcarvalh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I want to implement a DMVPN (using OSPF) solution in which all routers are connected to the internet and all of then have dynamic IP addresses (except hub). Because of this each router have a default gateway pointing to the ISP IP address.

With this solution I want a spoke to skope topology and I also want all customer internet traffic to go via central site. The problem is that I need a defaut route to reach other spokes and this way traffic to internet via central site does not use the tunnel.

Is there any feature that alow to overcome this situation?

Regards,

João Carvalho

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ghostinthenet
Level 7
Level 7

Absolutely. You can do this easily with VRF Lite. Configure a separate VRF for your customer, place the tunnel interface and the customer's VLAN into the VRF and run your OSPF process within the VRF. This allows the router's global routing table to keep a default gateway to the ISP, but lets you define the customer's default gateway as the DMVPN hub. I have a dual-hub DMVPN network with a couple of hundred sites using exactly this approach.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ghostinthenet
Level 7
Level 7

Absolutely. You can do this easily with VRF Lite. Configure a separate VRF for your customer, place the tunnel interface and the customer's VLAN into the VRF and run your OSPF process within the VRF. This allows the router's global routing table to keep a default gateway to the ISP, but lets you define the customer's default gateway as the DMVPN hub. I have a dual-hub DMVPN network with a couple of hundred sites using exactly this approach.

Hello Jody.

Sorry for the late reply. Your solution worked perfectly.

Thank you very much for taking your time to help me.

Regards,

João.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card