Views
Helpful
Replies

DMVPN Full-Mesh and separate IPSEC VPN on Cisco 1841

ben-sharpibm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am exploring the possibility of having Cisco 1841's (or higher) at multiple sites. Each router will support 2 x ADSL connections (HWIC-1ADSL cards). My plan is to set up a DMVPN Full Mesh Tunnel on the first ADSL interface on each router and have RIP route these subnets, this will be for my Voice traffic only.

Further more I would like to set up a second IPSEC VPN tunnel between the head site and all other sites (the sites do not require direct communication for data purposes). This will route via static/weighted routes.

Has anyone completed a similar set up and do you have sample configurations?

Can you please confirm whether or not you can also run parallel DMVPN full mesh tunnels on a Cisco 1841 as this would be the other option.

I am more than happy to consider any other idea's also, the only restrictions are that the ADSL links cannot be upgraded to SHDSL etc.

Thank you,

Ben

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Ben,

>> Can you please confirm whether or not you can also run parallel DMVPN full mesh tunnels on a Cisco 1841 as this would be the other option.

this is possible and should be the better choice use a different routing protocol on the second DMVPN cloud to avoid interactions.

by using EIGRP for example on second DMVPN cloud.

With VRF aware DMVPN you could achieve total isolation of VOIP portion from data network

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello Giuseppe,

Yes that sounds like the way forward - do you have any sample configurations that I may be able to use to guide me? If you have a configuration for a single hub/spoke setup that would be very much appreciated; just trying to understand how the routing works more or less.

Thank you,

Ben

Hello Giuseppa Larosa,

Sorry to bother you but I am interested as to how you would propose this configuration to be completed on a single Cisco 1841 router at each site - each 1841 with two ATM interfaces (one for each DMVPN tunnel).

Thank you in advance,

Ben

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card