cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMVPN, Route, and NAT issue

netsanets
Level 1
Level 1

I configured OSPF and BGP routes on my network (OSPF for the internal network and BGP for the external network) and distributed the BGP network on the OSPF route so the BGP route is advertised to the internal network. I have a NAT that translates my inside IP to the outside, but where do I advertise this NAT IP? Should I add on OSPF or BGP? I tried both but the outside network still can't reach the NAT IP. And I have DMVPN with IPsec protection, DMVPN is up but the host can't access the tunnel, or the hosts on both sides are connected by a route rather than a DMVPN tunnel. Can you help me, please?

12 Replies 12

can you draw the topology ?

Thanks for your reply, here is my topology

netsanets_0-1671796027768.png

the customer and Active-RTR and Standby-RTR  are the run any routing protocol or static route additional to BGP ?

OSPF route is configured on Active-RTR only, no static route.

between active-rtr and customer I mean are you run any routing ?

The BGP route is configured on customer-rtr, active-rtr, and ISP-rtr, additionally, there is an OSPF route on the active-rtr.

netsanets_0-1671796027768.png

can you confirm that above is right ?

can you share the config I will run lab and see where is issue.

NAT IP is configured on the active router and when I configure a static route on the three routers(active, ISP, and Customer) the translation is working fine. But when I remove the static NAT and add the NAT IP on the BGP interface, it doesn't work or the NAT IP doesn't advertise from the active router to other routers. The nat IP does not have a direct interface on the active router, but when I configure the loopback interface for the NAT IP and use the "redistribute connected" command (on the three routers), it will be introduced on all routers. So my first question is where do I advertise the NAT IP on the active router? On an OSPF interface? On a BGP interface? Or do I need to configure a static NAT? Maybe if I fix this the traffic will reach the tunnel.

yes, you are right.

and active and standby rtr represent the Hub of dmvpn ?

nbbvnvbnvbnv.png

in R1 and R2 I config Loopback 
Lo 1.1.1.1/32 in R1
Lo 2.2.2.2/32 in R2

we advertise these LO in BGP to R3 (spoke)

now the issue of NAT 
we need R3 not know any network except LO so we use NAT. 

the issue is routing how we can solve this ? (below in both R1 and R2)
simply by PBR 
we use route-map
route-map MHM permit 10
match ip add 100 <<- this acl can be permit ip any any 
set interface loopback 0

then config PBR under R1 and R2 connect to R5. 

and using 
ip nat inside source list 1 interface loopback 0 overload 

and success ping R6 and check the wiresharke I see Lo ip not 10.0.0.0 ip, so the config is OK. 

Hello
can you confirm if the dmvpn nbma addressing is the pre-or post natted address?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card