cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do i need ping script to keep remote side active/up/reachable?

Tony_MN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

Working on cisco 819 cell router. have great connectivity with my vpn from home router to 819 if i have a computer attached to 819 and set up with a ping out script to home every few minutes. otherwise even with keepalives set, after a while i cannot ping 819 inside or outside...

I dont mind using a computer to help keep it working, but how do i remove the computer and get the 819 to do that job of keeping the tunnel working?

I have tried keepalives, nat keepalives but still fails to be pingable after the timers reset i think.

I tried one attempt to make a script with eem but failed to get working, am i on the best route by doing something like that?

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use EEM Script inside the router to ping the other side of the device to keep the tunnel up. make sure the IP source you using should go vial tunnel, not via wan interface or ISP. ( try and let us know how it goes)

here is an example :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/118087-technote-asa-00.html#anc6

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card