cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does C8300 need PVDM for FXS port?

Kevin_CBP
Level 1
Level 1

My customer needs fax support on the router so ordering FXS port. Do we need add PVDM or it is built-in like 4K router?

4 Replies 4

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @Kevin_CBP 

The need for a PVDM depends on the specific router and its configuration.
Some Cisco routers come with built-in PVDMs that support fax and voice services, while others require the addition of a PVDM module to enable those features.
For example, some 4000 series routers do have a built-in PVDM, while others require the addition of a PVDM module for certain features like fax support. To determine whether your router requires an additional PVDM for fax support, you should check the router's specifications and documentation or consult with Cisco's technical support.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Of course I checked that but here is the problem. The new C8300 lists the same PIDs as 4K router such as NIM-2FXS, NIM-4FXS. But are they the same as the PIDs in C8300 and work the same? We all know these things can be subject to change. Just need Cisco to confirm. 

I already checked that two pages. Same as my comment earlier. You assume they the same as the PIDs in C8300 and work the same?  In theory they should work the same but it is better to be sure than sorry.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card