cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

drop and insert different from 2811 to 2911???

Steve Hart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a working configuration with a 2811 router at my remote site in which I take the T1 (point-to-point PRI) into port 0/0/0 on the dual-port vwic2-mft-t1/e1 card. Then I plug my PBX into the 0/0/1 port. I channelize the T1 so 1/2 of the channels are used for data (13-24) and channels 1-8 are passed through the vwic2 to the PBX.

I'm using the connect tdm t1 0/0/0 0 t1 0/0/1 0 command to pass the voice calls through to the PBX.

This all works fine.

I tried to upgrade the router to a 2911 with the same card and the same configuration copied and pasted over and as soon as I put the connect tdm t1 0/0/0 0 t1 0/0/1 0 statement in, I drop the data side of the T1 and lose my connection to the WAN. If I take the command back out, the WAN still doesn't come back up until I reboot the router.

Has anybody seen this behavior? Has the syntax changed? I have a case open with TAC but so far they have been no help, as they can't seem to figure out which group should take this case, voice or data...

If anybody has any ideas I would very much appreciate it.

Relevant configs are attached.

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Seems to be a bug that the TAC should ackowledge without much difficuly once given the evidence. Ask for case escalation, in the meanwhile you can try update or even downgrade the image being used.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card