cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual eigrp route redistribution within same AS

shyamradhe
Level 1
Level 1

I have a situation in which we have EIGRP network between 5 routers in same AS like ,

A-B-C-D-E, 

Router E has default route towards ISP1 which has been redistributed in EIGRP and advertised to all other routers D,C,B and A,

Now the new condition is that we have one more ISP2 connected to router B , now I want to add default route towards ISP2 from Router B and want to redistribute in EIGRP, but problem is that we want that, router A will learn redistributed default router from router B only and router C and D will remain same to use redistribute default route from router E..

I don't want to make any change on router C D and E 

Please explain how to do this ?

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On router B - 

access-list 10 deny 0.0.0.0

access-list 10 permit any

router eigrp <AS>
distrbute-list 10 out <interface connecting to router C>

note the access list has a permit any to allow any other EIGRP routes to be advertised to C,D and E. 

Jon

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As a follow up to this. 

The solution provided gives you no redundancy ie. if E loses its internet connection then C, D and E have no internet access. 

If you wanted to use each ISP as a backup then you could use offset lists on B to influence which default to use but there would have to be some guesswork for the route you advertise to C, D and E. 

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card