Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Edge Switches

I have 2 Catalyst 9300 L3 Edge switches. I have 1 fiber connection to the ISP with 1 IP address for Internet traffice and a Metro-E for our WAN fiber connection. I have 2 swithces in case of failure. I have the switches cabled, 1 with the Internet connection and 1 with the Metro-E,  so all I need to do is change out 1 fiber connection. If I have the port shutdown on the backup switch for the Internet connection will it show an IP address duplication error since the IP address to the ISP is the same? The Metro-E port has a different IP address assigned.

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

as long as the port is configured as 'shut' or 'shutdown' there will be no duplicate address problem.

View solution in original post

Hello

no issue you will be okay 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Paul,
I thought that was the case, I just wanted to double check. Thank you.
Randy

Georg,
Randy

4 Replies 4

Hello,

as long as the port is configured as 'shut' or 'shutdown' there will be no duplicate address problem.

Georg,
Randy

Hello

no issue you will be okay 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Paul,
Randy
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card