Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP and NAT

CSCO11453146
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody

It is my first time writing here and I would like to thank you for spending your time on my question.

So,I am a CCNA candidate and I came up with a problem.I connected back to back two cisco routers (2610XM using the low speed serial int and 2600 using the serial and providind the clocking at 64000).The problem is that if I have nat configured,EIGRP is not working and when I use debug it shows that one router is finding the other but after a while looses the adjajency.At the show ip route, I am getting no EIGRP routes.If I use OSPF everything's working.No auto-summary is configured fo EIGRP.If I disable nat,EIGRP is working fine.Any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

lejoe.thomas
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Emmanouel,

It would be helpful if you could post the running-configuration when EIGRP is configured.

Lejoe

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Emmanouel,

in a real world scenario a dynamic routing protocol is not used at a NAT device interface that is usually at a border router.

you can make EIGRP working by changing NAT configuration so that you can use an extended ACL.

access-list 101 deny eigrp any any

access-list 101 permit ip net wildcard any

route-map sel-nat

match ip address 101

ip nat inside source route-map sel-nat ...

What I don't understand is how OSPF works with NAT enabled.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card