Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP authentication missmatch after replacement new router

Mahdi.Feiz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My 2811 router was crashed and i had to replace it with a new 2911. My routing protocol is EIGRP and authentication is enable. To perform replacement I copy&paste running config from my backup to new 2911's flash. Every thing is ok but the EIGRP authentication doesn't match with other routers. So the traffic is corrupted accordingly. Is there any mandatory witch I've forgotten

4 Replies 4

Hello,

cutting and pasting probably messed up keys. I would suggest to remove all EIGRP authentication information, as well as key chains and keys manually and reenter it...

--> no key chain keychain
--> no key 1

!

interface x
--> no ip authentication mode eigrp x md5
--> no ip authentication key-chain eigrp x keychain

thank you for responding. But as I mentioned I missed all other routers so couldn't change authentication configs(unfortunately wasn't configured management static route on the routers). I strongly want to know if is there any solution to recover EIGRP authentication from running config without reentering key chains and keys manually. (especially in case of no having the keys)

Hello,

instead of cutting and pasting (which I am pretty sure messes the keys up), you better copy the running config to a TFTP server.

Hello

What eigrp type is inplace traditional or named, As authenticaion differs depending on the eigrp process your using.

And as @Georg Pauwen stated it would be best to re-enter the key-chain and passwords manually to make sure no typos are being made.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card