Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP Routing

mediaos718
Level 1
Level 1

Please See Diagram:

- I have 2 sites (site-1 and site-2) running EIGRP.

- Each of these sites is connected to an MPLS service provider to reach remote sites.

- Site-1 is currently the exit point to reach remote sites via R5.

I would like to make site-2 R1 the primary exit point to reach remote sites.

If I change the delay value on R5 Gi0/0 and make it higher than R1 Gi0/0 - Would this make R1 the primary route? If not what do I need todo. Please Note: I do not have access to make change on the MPLS service provider equipment.

3 Replies 3

Hello

Looks like you have two redistrubtion points into eigrp, if thats correct then simply redistribute an higher bw/delay metric from site 1 so all external traffic is then preffered from site 2

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello,

on a side note, if you want to use the delay value on R5, make sure it is big enough to actually influence the path selection. If you are using all GigabitEthernet interfaces, a delay value of 10 (which equals 100 usec) should be enough...

Hello

@Georg Pauwen wrote:

Hello,

on a side note, if you want to use the delay value on R5, make sure it is big enough to actually influence the path selection. If you are using all GigabitEthernet interfaces, a delay value of 10 (which equals 100 usec) should be enough...

I dont think in this instance Interface delay manipulation on R5 shouldn't make have any effect on the received external routes

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card