cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Errors on 2511

lracano
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2511 and it is connected to a 3com 10baset 8 port hub and i am getting E0 input/output errors. Can I configure the speed/duplex on the router? Also, from the sh ver. output my image file is flash:igs-i-l.111-6". I can't find any documentation on that image.

1 Reply 1

stschmidt
Level 1
Level 1

I can not find specific information on that image but was able to find these docs on 11.1 software:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1820/tsd_products_support_eol_series_home.html

Make sure the duplex settings follow these guidelines to reduce issues with autonegotiation:

A. NIC set to 10Mbps/half-duplex, switch set for auto.

Result: The switch can detect the NLP from the NIC and sets itself for 10Mbps and with no auto-negotiation (FLP) from the NIC, the switch defaults to half-duplex. A valid combination results, but only if the switch's default duplex matches the NIC setting.

B. NIC set to 10Mbps/half-duplex, switch set for 100Mbps/half-duplex.

Result: No link. Neither side will establish a link to an incorrect manual speed configuration. Auto-negotiation has been disabled on both link partners by manually configuring them.

C. NIC set auto, switch set for 10Mbps/half-duplex.

Result: Link is established in a valid configuration. The NIC sees the NLP from the switch and sets itself for 10Mbps and with no auto-negotiation (FLP) from the switch, the NIC defaults to half-duplex. A valid combination results, but only if the NIC's default duplex matches the switch settings.

Use the full-duplex and the half-duplex commands to change the transmission mode under the interface.

Stephen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card