Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Errors with DCE on the same WIC-2T

I am having this issue with only one rack in the lab. The three routers (2911 , 1941, 2901) connect together through Smart Serial cables going to WIC-2T cards. In the configuration both serial connections going to the 1941 have the DCE.

When going to configure serial 0/0/1 I am allowed to apply a clockrate to it, however, I am kicked back an error saying that a clock rate can only be configured on DCE interface. They are both without a doubt the DCE end connecting to the WIC-2T interfaces. What could possibly cause this problem. Would SCTE or something with the auto clock-rates on the router create this problem.

Any advise is greatly appreciated,

Alex

2 Replies 2

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Alex,

We are using serial cables all the time in our NetAcad labs, and we have never needed to tweak the SCTE setting. Simply configure a clock rate on the DCE end and there you are - no more fiddling with any other physical layer settings. I wonder - what does the show controllers serial 0/0/1 on the 1941 say? Can you post the first two screens of output?

Best regards,

Peter

Hello,

Check the cabling, Are you using dte/dce crossovers , if so make sure you have the correct end attached to the right interface.

res

Paul

Please don't forget to rate this post if it has been helpful.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card