Helpful
Replies

Evaluation to Permanent license

asmlicense
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have a question about the licenses.

We had evaluation ipsec license (which we can use for 60 days. after 60 days the ipsec tunnel will be down)

But as I know we bought the security license. But when I check the license status (sh vers) i get the info that the type of security license is still EvalRightToUse, which mean that it is NOT permanent.

The third company's engineer wrote that after the evaluation time will be end (in our case is 5 weeks 4 days) the status of license automatically will be changed from EVALUATION to PERMANENT.

Is he right? I mean is it okay that the license is still in EvalRightToUse status.

I reloaded the router but the same result.

7 Replies 7

pieterh
VIP
VIP

>>> the status of license automatically will be changed from EVALUATION to PERMANENT. <<<
behavior will depend on IOS version, but this statement in general is not correct!

what DOES happen when you have purchased and installed the permanent license within the evaluation period
then BOTH licenses (permanent + evaluation) will show up in the license report
and when the evaluation period has expired, the permanent license wil be activated

when you do not have installed the permanent license
after the evaluation period, the license remains active, but not change to permanent
be aware, when the router reboots the license is disabled

Hi@pieterh 

asmlicense_0-1666255696094.png

As you can in screenshot we have a license on the router but for some unknown reasons I can't install it.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as per the information next reboot the security9 license get effective.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi @balaji.bandi 

I reloaded it twice but the same license status (evaluation status)

Looks for me the license file may have corrupter, try to download again and upload and install it.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/sw_activation/SA_on_ISR.html#pgfId-1097551

BB

I asked to download license again in order to install it to router by myself. 

yes try..

BB

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card