Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover config in dual Router & dual link scenario

dheeplatini
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a situation, in which I have two Routers, Two Internet links of same ISP is connected to both Routers.BGP neighbourship is there for both WAN links & IBGP neighbourship is there between the two Routers. As my primary link goes down traffic is not going out of secondary Router,traceroute to Internet sites is dropping at the secondary router.Local preference of 500 is configured in the Primary Router & AS-path prepend is there secondary Router.Does anbody is having suggestions? I suspect problem is there of reverse routing fron ISP side.

2 Replies 2

Nick Cutting
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have a diagram?  Sounds like a similar config to what we use with our clients. Take a look at the diagram I attached - is it something similar?

Do you have your own AS and address space on the south facing interfaces of your routers - that are running iBGP?  Are you just getting a default route from the ISP - is the secondary router going via the primary when it is up - at it is using the local pref

What does sh ip bgp show when the primary is down? - You may need to sort this out with the provider.

Hi Nick Many thanks , I have got the solution

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card