Views
Helpful
Replies

Filtering by source IP address not working in access rules

manuelmace84
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have RV340 as LAN firewall. I am trying to open one port, but only for 2 remote IPs (not for all the internet). I tryed with this configuration for access rules.

access_rules.jpg

In that way service it´s open for all the internet. Am i doing something wrong?

Thank you.

14 Replies 14

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

that is the access rule, you need to do NAT also right.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes, I have the service enabled and configured in Port Forwarding Table: Internal service, internal IP address & interface (WAN1).

I can access to the service. This is not the problem. I want it open but only for two remote IPs, not for all the internet.

Lets test with out any source IP mentioned, see if that works, before we move to next level ?

check port forward :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5818-configure-port-forwarding-port-triggering-nat-on-rv34x-serie.html

BB

access_rules2.jpg

 I can access to the service from all remote IPs. The same that before.

Hello,

under 'Source' and 'Destination' there used to be an option for 'Single IP', not sure that is still there, but make sure that is selected.

Yes, I did; but with this rule port appear open for all the internet.

access_rules4.jpg

Hello,

what if you change the schedule from ANYTIME to an actual time range ?

Hi Georg,

I just tried but it´s the same. Open for all IPs.

Hello,

really odd, but I do recall that the SMB routers are often quirky. Are you in a position to start from scratch, reset the router to factory defaults, and configure everything again ?

Looks like some tweak need to be done here, i do not have device to replicate this issue, let me read docs and get back to if i find any clue.

BB

Ok. Thank you for that.

Hello,

could be related to the firmware, which one are you running ? Release 1.0.03.24 is the latest...

Yes. I installed 1.0.03.24 release several weeks ago.

manuelmace84
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I found that when I create a new service in port forwarding table, new row appear at the bottom in the access rules table. I´m not able to manage this row, priority it´s predefined with a number over 1000.

access_rules5.jpg

Even if I create a new deny access rule with higher priority for this service, this automatic access rule prevails over the other, and access to this port still enabled.

How should I edit this access rule?? I´m not able to change priority either.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card