cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware versions of the SG300-20 (managed)

rtan2020
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Sir/Madam,

I have a Cisco SG300-20 (managed) that was installed in Oct-2020, at the height of Covid.  I have never upgraded the firmware. Everything is running fine but I have been told to upgrade it, especially since the Cisco support for it has "ended".  In checking the Cisco support website there are 3 "latest" versions as follows:  (1) V1.4.11.5  (2) V1.4.1.03  and (3) V1.1.2.0.  I do not know what version I am running for the moment, but my questions are as follows:

Q1 - Can I just upgrade to V1.4.11.5 regardless of my CURRENT Version?

Q2 - If NO is the answer to Q1, what steps should I observe to bring the firmware properly to the latest which is V1.4.11.5?

Would highly appreciate any tips and guidance towards upgrading my SG300-20 correctly.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

no worries. let us know how it goes, but you have answer, mark as resolved when you have solution.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if you upgrading from 1.X then you need to step upgrade 1.2 --> step-->1.4

release notes guide you better.

BB

Many thanks BB ... but I do not see any Rel. 1.2.  On Cisco website, I only see 1., 1.1 , 1.4.  Kindly refer to attached screenshot from Cisco download page. Would appreciate some details/clarification.  Many thanks again.

Contact SMB Tac can assits you :

check this document upgrade :

Note: If you have missed several upgrades, you may need to work your way up from the oldest to newest version. When the second number goes up, e.g. 1.2.1.1 to 1.3.1.1, those are generally the versions with the biggest upgrades.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-small-business-300-series-managed-switches/smb5862-Upgrade-Firmware-200-300-Switches.html

BB

Many thanks BB ... when I get my hands on the SG300, I will first determine what release it is already running.  Given that I purchased the [brand-new] SG300 in Sep/Oct-2020, I am guessing that my firmware release may not be as old as those releases that are, say, pre-2017.  Hope I can figure this one out once the current release level is known.

My sincerest thanks for your assistance and guidance.

no worries. let us know how it goes, but you have answer, mark as resolved when you have solution.

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card