Views
Helpful
Replies

Frame relay help

rai_praveen
Level 1
Level 1

http://blog.ipexpert.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/15.png

pls see above link i just want to know can we connect 2 frame relay cloud on one physical interface or we require two physical router interface for it.In above link they use one router interface but connect 2 frame relay cloud on sub interfaces but sub interface are logical interface we can map frame relay dlci with ip of sun interfaces but for connecting 2 frame relay cloud as per my knowledge we have 2 router interface

pls clear this to me.

how do i do this lab on GNS3 pls help me to interprete above link diagram and clear my doubts

3 Replies 3

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Praveen,

The exhibit in the link you have referenced is not perhaps drawn in the most appropriate way - yes, I admit it is slightly confusing. What is simply tries to explain that there are two NBMA networks in use here: one between routers R2, R5 and R6 (the R2 is the hub router), and another between routers R2 and R4 (essentially a point-to-point connection). Ideally, there should have been only a single Frame Relay cloud displayed in the exhibit, with all the PVCs going through the same cloud to their correct destinations.

A physical serial interface configured for Frame Relay operation cannot connect to two different Frame Relay service providers. The two Frame Relay clouds shown in the exhibit are referring to the same physical Frame Relay SP. It is just that the set of all PVCs provided by the SP is grouped into two different NBMA networks by individual routers' configuration, hence the two clouds.

Best regards,

Peter

Dear Peter

thanks for reply i was waiting for this to some body answer my question

pls brother visit below link

http://blog.ipexpert.com/2009/08/16/ospf-over-frame-relay-part-6/

and if you under stand the thing then pls clear it to me is it by mistake the author use two frame relay cloud or is it possible to have 2 FR cloud on one single Router Interface

It's logical and only for the sake of understanding you cannot have two different circuit connected to single physical interface.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card