cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fusion - OSPF Redistribution to VRF

Marco111
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, hoping for some advice. New to SDA and fusion routers, have an issue whereby a VRF is unable to route to my legacy OSPF networks (to/from) on the fusion nodes which host the default routes so all OSPF traffic is following default route and being lost. BGP is all ok.

I have 7x Fusion Nodes and getting this issue on 2x which host the default routes off the network, depending which default route is active (e.g. Default Route on Fusion A active = SDA Sites on Fusion A unable to route to OSPF networks, all other Fusions route to OSPF networks fine, if traffic flips to Fusion B for default route = SDA sites on Fusion B start to fail to OSPF networks but Fusion A starts to work.)

Im route leaking Global to the VRF (prefix le32), and VRF to Global (limited to VRF Data pools only) but its BGP routes only being imported to the VRF. A show ip route does show all OSPF and BGP networks.

Is the correct approach to resolve this to redistribute OSPF? and how would this be done, directly into the VRF on each effected Fusion? or into BGP (and let the route leaking pull it into the VRF) or is there a better way?

Fusion Nodes are C9500s

Many thanks.

3 Replies 3

HI,

scenario is not clear (at least for me), you dont see default route in VRF which should be redistributed from global?

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Hi, yes default route is present within the VRF, the problem is that default route is sending the OSPF traffic off network, when it should just route around the Backbone. Diagram attached. Each Fusion does have multiple SDA and Legacy OSPF sites hanging off each but i've tried to keep it simple just putting the one FIAB on the diagram.

The diagram shows when default route is pointing to FW1, VRF on SDA Site A is unable to route to any OSPF network as OSPF traffic going straight to FW1.

If default route changes to FW2 then SDA sites connected via Fusion A will start to route to OSPF networks but Sites connected to Fusion B will start to get same issue not being able to route to OSPF networks as this traffic will head straight up to FW2. Thanksa1.JPG

OK,a bit clear.

You have OSPF routes in global RIB, you also have OSPF default in global RIB. You have multiple VRF on fusion device which advertise routes over BGP to SDA Border and you are doing global to VRF leaking, till here is it right?

Can you share config part at least for one VRF with some show ip route (possible with vrf also) outputs?

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card