Views
Helpful
Replies

GLBP configuration

brijendrasaini
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

As i configured GLBP on cisco 2960 it is possible to configure on this router.Am not able to ping vlan ip from one router to another how can i perform all these things.

All configuration is attched in word file

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

I suggest change to 2 the RIP version. 

router rip

version 2

Im not really sure if the Cisco 2960 supports GLBP. but you can try using like you do with HSRP. Example:

interface vlan 10
glbp 10 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi

I suggest change to 2 the RIP version. 

router rip

version 2

Im not really sure if the Cisco 2960 supports GLBP. but you can try using like you do with HSRP. Example:

interface vlan 10
glbp 10 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi julio,

Not working glbp (Solved)

But why i am not able to ping vlan ip from both router....routing issue due to that ?

Hi,

Thank you, was the RIP version to 2? also you can execute show ip interface brief in order to see if the SVI is up up or up down. 

hi julio,

i changed the version also but not pinging.

#show ip interface brief

Interface IP-Address OK? Method Status Protocol

GigabitEthernet0/0 unassigned YES unset up up

GigabitEthernet0/1 unassigned YES unset administratively down down

Serial0/3/0 10.10.10.2 YES manual up up

Serial0/3/1 unassigned YES unset administratively down down

Vlan1 unassigned YES unset administratively down down

Vlan100 192.168.1.2 YES manual up down

regards

Brijendra

Ok the SVI 100 (interface vlan 100) is UP Down, it is generated becase the VLAN 100 is not associated to any port. 

Usually on routers it is used when you have EtherSwitch HWIC modules so you can assign a VLAN on the port as you do on the switches. 

I think your Interface Giga are not able to be associated to a VLAN. But I think Packet tracer has etherswitch modules to include on the routers. 

hi julio,

thanks after inserting the module am able to ping the router 2 vlan

perfect  :-)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card