Helpful
Replies

GSR 12416-Mbus module fuses

Lion_Heart
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys ,

Could you help me in this ,,,

I have a Cisco GSR 12416 router at my organization and the fuses (F1, F2) of the Mbus module were damaged .

The capacity of each fuse is 2A/125V but can i power the router up with capacity 10A/125V for each fuse ?

Is it risky to use higher Amp of these fuses ( even for test ) ?

Please advise....

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @Lion_Heart ,

you should use the right fuse

>> Fuse F2 is used only in AC-input power shelves. It is not used in DC-input power shelves. Spane fuses can be ordered from Cisco as part number: PWR-2A/125V-FUSE=

see

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/xr12000/16_slot/installation/guide/xr12416/hfricgmr.html#wp1085623%0A

you can change them only with the chassis powered off.

Using a different type of fuse like 10A/125V would be a risk as it would provide less protection to the router cards allowing more current.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello Giuseppe Larosa ,

Thanks for your reply .

I already have an AC-input power shelves in my router but the issue that router isn't coming up , so i had doubt with the fuses , Does fuses prevent current from passing to the Mbus board & boot ? 

And if the resistance of that fuses is high should we replace them with new one ?

Regards,,,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card