Views
Helpful
Replies

Having trouble configuring a firewall to work with my network

JustNxck
Level 1
Level 1

firewallnetwork.PNG

Hello newbie here, currently having issues with the network behind the firewall I can't get any packets to go past the router. End devices can reach the firewall as well as the router infront but past that and it fails.

Though I can't understand why that would be occurring. I've been racking my brain at this for a while now to no avail so help and mainly an explanation of what my issue is and the correction would be a massive help, thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Find attached the packet tracer file and the show running-config. I did change on Firewall and router only.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi

Find attached the packet tracer file and the show running-config. I did change on Firewall and router only.

Yeah couldn't open the packet tracer file, but I checked the text files with the configs you had there and compared it against mine to see what I was missing and it works now.

There's still a lot of concepts with firewalls I don't yet understand, in relation to configuring them but I'll be sure to ask my professor about it more because it seems like how he explained it didn't do much justice.

However, thank you much one again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco