Views
Helpful
Replies

Help basic configuration DHCP-server on routers - IPv4 and IPv6

marfaa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

This is my first time asking a question here and I really hope someone can help. I am working on a assignment witch is:

"Configure DHCP-servers on R1, R2 and R3. The DHCP-server on each router should be responsible of handing out IP-addresses and gateway-information to hosts connecting to the LAN at the routers GigabitEthernet0/0 interface. Remember to reserve the first couple of addresses in the subnet to avoid IP conflicts with hosts having a static IP.

Connect a pc to each LAN and verify that the PC recieves both an IPv4 address (from DHCP), and an IPv6 address (from SLAAC)."

I thought I had configured it correctly, but when I tried to connect a PC it did not work. 

The commands I used on each router was:

IPV4

ip dhcp excluded-address 100.64.1.1 100.64.1.5

Ip DHCP pool LAN-POOL-1

Network 100.64.1.0 255.255.255.0

Default-router 100.64.1.1

End

IPV6

Ipv6 unicast-routing

Ipv6 DHCP pool IPV6-SLAAC1

Exit

interface GigabitEthernet0/0

Ipv6 DHCP server IPV6-SLAAC1

Ipv6 nd other-config-flag

Exit

interface GigabitEthernet0/0

Ipv6 enable

Ipv6 address autoconfig

Is it something that I am missing or have done wrong? 

I am attaching a screenshot of my topology and output of some commands. 

I also tried to use the command "show ip dhcp server statistics", but it just says that the command is invalid... Same with the command "show ip dhcp". Anyone know why?

1 Reply 1

Hello,

you have configured stateless IPv6 DHCP, the configs (also the IPv4) look correct.

Is this a 'real' network, connected to an actual server, or a simulated network ?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card