cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help on Source Based PBR on Nexus N9K

utawakevou
Level 4
Level 4

Got 2 Nexus N9K on vPC, HSRP, OSPF and some static routes advertised on OSPF. Its our core router with some SVI and as gateway address to hosts. 

I'm testing another firewall. What I want is to configure a PBR that route certain source addresses (for e.g 192.168.1.200-210) to a particular default route address and apply this on a particular SVI. My setup has only 1 static default route on both N9K

Any example will be really appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@utawakevou hello,

The key " set ip default " isn't available on this version.

Look here:

NEXUS 9000K.PNG

More information here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/6-x/unicast/configuration/guide/l3_cli_nxos/l3pbr.html

Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Jon Marshall I was using example from that document. What I’m after is the “set ip default “ on my route-map and that option isn’t available. Probably it’s a licensing issue ? I’ve got pbr feature turned on. May be I have to add another feature ?

I’ve got another pbr working well i.e to inject some static routes to be advertised via OSPF

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@utawakevou hello,

The key " set ip default " isn't available on this version.

Look here:

NEXUS 9000K.PNG

More information here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/6-x/unicast/configuration/guide/l3_cli_nxos/l3pbr.html

Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Thank you @Jaderson Pessoa That explains it. Is there any other alternative to set the default route from those particular source address to a different destination apart from the static default route in the main routing table ? I couldn't understand why Cisco doesn't allow simple stuff like these on their basic NXOS or IOS. I did these with ease on other OS, like Vyos/Vyatta and EdgeOS.

Anyway thanks 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card