Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with 2921 configuration and ATM circuit

oneirishpollack
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

We recently purchased a Cisco 2921 router to be our edge device for a small satellite office (24 users). In addition, to the router we purchased a vwic3-2mft-t1/e1 module. Now the surprise, we ordered a bonded T1, I thought we were getting frame-relay circuits from Verizon, but someone ordered a 3M IMA circuit. I am new to configuring serial connections, and had planned out a frame-relay configuration. With that said, I have the following questions:

• 1. Can I setup a working serial connection to Verizon using the installed ATM circuit and the 2921 and vwic3-2mft-t1/e1 card I have? If not, what do I need in conjunction with the 2921?

• 2. With the frame-relay configuration, I enable controllers, configured the MFR interface and sub-interface, and serials. How much different is setting up serial ATM connections? Can anyone post a two port (two T1s bonded) example.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. No. ATM IMA is not supported on ISR G2 routers (your).

2. Very different. Check

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2s/feature/guide/fs_mfr.html

Even better, get ethernet based service, not legacy technology

Thanks for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card