Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with 887W integrated AP

josh-farrelly
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

So I've dug myself a rather sizeable hole trying to get the intregrated AP in my 887W working.

A long story short, when trying to upgrade the firmware I accidentally put the LWAP firmware on. I couldn't work out how to correct this so from the AP bootloader I removed the LWAP firmware from the integrated APs flash.

I'm now at the stage where I can't boot the integrated AP, and I can't work out how to restore connectivity in ROMMON to the local network to TFTP the correct firmware files back in to flash of the integrated AP.

Here is the 'set' from ROMMON in the integrated AP:

Router#service-module wlan-ap 0 session

Trying 10.0.0.2, 2002 ... Open

Connecting to AP console, enter Ctrl-^ followed by x,

then "disconnect" to return to router prompt

ap: set

?=

DEFAULT_ROUTER=10.0.0.1

ENABLE_BREAK=yes

IOS_DEFAULT_DOMAIN_NAME=removed

IOS_STATIC_DEFAULT_GATEWAY=10.0.0.1

IP_ADDR=10.0.0.1

MANUAL_BOOT=no

NETMASK=255.255.255.224

ROM_PERSISTENT_UTC=1014956332

The router itself had 10.0.0.1 as it's VLAN 1 IP address, with the wlan-ap 0 interface being ip unnumbered off VLAN 1. I changed VLAN 1 on the router to 10.0.0.10 thinking the integrated AP had 10.0.0.1 as it's IP but the two won't communicate.

In essence I'm missing the BVI0 interface, which is obviously unavailable in ROMMON.

Does anyone have any idea how I can dig myself out of this hole, or have I just bricked the internal AP?

Regards,

Josh.

5 Replies 5

ebarticel
Level 4
Level 4

Boot into ROMmon and configure tftp with "TFTP_SERVER=x.x.x.x " where x.x.x.x is your tftp ip address, and "TFTP_FILE= filename".

Make sure you there is communication between your router and tftp server.

Then use "tftpdnld" to start transfer

Hope this helps

Eugen

Hi Eugen

Thanks for that, though I'm still stuck getting communication between the switchports in the back of the router and the integrated AP.

If you read the part of my post specifically relating to the lack of the BVI interface you'll see what I mean.

Any ideas on that?

Regards,

Josh.

Hi Josh,

Does your router has a usb port? You may be able to copy over the deleted file from a usb.

The router does, but as far as I know there's no way to mount the USB filesystem inside the integrated AP.

What I mean by that, is that you enter the AP via the 'service-module' command, and (I believe) the router reverse telnet's in to the AP via an integrated console port.

Ohh I see, I thought that router has only one flash memory and stores all files needed, included for AP into flash. I am afraid I can't help you there as I didn't work with a 887w before.

Anyway I hope other people in the know will help you

Good luck

Regards

Eugen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: