cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with nat on a ciso 2901

studmuffin
Level 1
Level 1

Im really confused about something At home I have a Cisco modem card that supports VDSL 2 which my ISP coming in is a service that supplies it IP addresses through PPPOE and they can change the addresses from time to time how do i do my NAT to allow multiple devices to access the internet at the same time with only one outside IP address that is kind of confusing to me because i cant figure out how to the dynamic Nat with the sources and destination lists what do i put has my outside range? I have provided my current working config with my ISP information not shown this configuration works with one device set to that IP address  and the DNS as googles main

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @studmuffin 

Try this:

no ip nat source static 172.16.100.5 interface Dialer1

access-list 1 permit 172.16.100.0 0.0.15.255

ip nat inside source list 1 interface Dialer1 overload

Regards

View solution in original post

Hi @studmuffin 

To make a NAT PAT you must specify the range of private addresses allowed, which is done through an ACL.
Then, you associate that range (that ACL) with the outside interface (WAN) and overload it.

Regards

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @studmuffin 

Try this:

no ip nat source static 172.16.100.5 interface Dialer1

access-list 1 permit 172.16.100.0 0.0.15.255

ip nat inside source list 1 interface Dialer1 overload

Regards

The access list would act as the the nat pool?

Hi @studmuffin 

To make a NAT PAT you must specify the range of private addresses allowed, which is done through an ACL.
Then, you associate that range (that ACL) with the outside interface (WAN) and overload it.

Regards

This helped alot it actually worked.

Thanks for the help that was really confusing.

Hi @studmuffin 

You are welcome.
I'm glad your question was resolved.

Regards

What do you do in the Networkign world?

and do you know if i can still buy a 2901 licence for the Unified communications?

and security

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: