cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HELP WITH PACKET TRACER AND WIFI ROUTERS PLEASE!

sergicervi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, in this everyyhing is working less the Wifi Routers, they can't connect to the rest of the network, if i make a ping from the Wifi router that's connected directly at the central router that works perfectly and it says that the network is unracheable but i think that it's imposible becouse it's directly connected help please, i hope that someone can help me, thanks.

PD: in use the OSPF protocol i all routers but for test i put a route in the central router to see if it worked but not.

I attach the packet tracer file, i update it in a .zip

1 Reply 1

Borgenstrand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I checked out the lab, it seems like the cabling between Router intern empresa and wifi2 and between Router intern empresa and Wifi1 is causing the issue.
The wifi routers are actually a router and a switch built in. The interface in use in the lab you posted by Wifi1 and Wifi2 is the Wifi Ethernet1 connection on the Wifi routers. This is wrong.
Router intern empresa should have a cross-Over cable to the Wifi Internet connection and not the Ethernet connection.
If you remove the cabling between Router intern empresa and the Wifi routers and then use a Cross-Over cable from Gigabit7/0 to Wifi2´s Internet interface and use a Cross-Over cable from Gigabit8/0 to Wifi1´s Internet interface. After that it should work.
At the moment, the Wifirouters are connected to the Router intern empresa router but on different subnets due to the Wifi routers think it should give out their LAN DHCP IP addresses.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card