cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hide wireless coverage range spinbox

emadhsh
Level 1
Level 1

fWhere can I find wireless coverage range spinbox in packet 8.2.1 to hide and show it. Thanks

10 Replies 10

pieterh
VIP
VIP

your question is not clear to me!

>>>  packet 8.2.1 <<<  => you mean in packet tracer 8.2.1

Yes, I mean in packet tracer version 8.2.1 . thank you for responding 

I do not believe Packet tracer has an option to place access-points on a floor-plan and display a heatmap

interfaceOverview_5 (1).png

 here is the option it is found in the option menu then prefrences then hide/show tab in packet tracer ver 8.2.1 and I do not know where is this spinbox 

interfaceOverview_5 (1).png

pieterh
VIP
VIP

I think  need to switch views

pieterh_0-1702020137215.png

this video may explain some options for you
Packet Tracer: Physical Workspace - Using Custom Backgrounds (BG) - YouTube

you are right you have to switch to the physical view . but the question is where in the physical view you can see the effect of show and hide wireless coverage range spinbox. thanks a lot

is the access point already placed in this view ?
and is the scale setup correctly ? 
if the scale is set to city-wide than the spinbox is only a few dots -> modify to room scale

Yes the access point already placed in the physical view, but in fact I don't know how to modify the scale to room scale. 

did you look at the video ?
it is explained  at 1:53 / 2:28

first, I would like to thank you for your help. After I saw the video, I modified the scale to room scale, but I didn't see the wireless coverage range spinbox only I could see the boundary and the gradient color of the wireless signal of the access point.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card