cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I enable ISA550W security services with an expired license?

Guy Labs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I buyed the ISA550W 1 year ago and my license expired this month. I wanted to buy a new one but the ISA550W is end of life, so there aren't any resellers selling any more licenses.

Without the license all the security services (IPS, Anti-Virus etc.) are not working. I do not need new signatures I just want that the security services are running with the last signature I was able to download with the license.

Without the security services this ISA is useless. Isn't there a way to run the services with the expired license? Or is the idea behind that to buy a new device again?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Guy

5 Replies 5

p.carmona
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I have the same problem, did you find a survey solution?. 

thank you

Hi,

no I didn't find one, and it looks like no one here can answer it.

Regards,

Guy

Hello there, 

Maybe here ?http://www.senetic.fr/cisco/cisco_small_business/security/cisco_isa500_series_security_appliances_and_licenses/

best regards,

This is the exact reseller I called and their Cisco representative said that there aren't any more licenses available for the ISA550W.

Thanks for looking. The other thing is that if we now would find some licenses to buy, will the services still update from the Cisco servers? Or are the services also "end of life"?

Hello there, 

The problem we are left with a product that we could use more if cisco does nothing. 

best regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card