cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to block Traffic from a specific network in a router

keeran
Level 1
Level 1

I have the following subnets below.  i want to let traffics from the green subnet to go everywhere but the blue subnet(DMZ) should not be able to get into the green Network. How do i prevent the blue network get into the green network ? what should i do on my router ? cisco_03.JPG

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Martin L
VIP
VIP

simply do extended ACLs on router; technically, real world solution would be a Firewall but for CCNA exam cert, ACL is ok.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses ** 

View solution in original post

Hello

You can negate access (tcp) with a routed-access list, as for udp that is  connectionless so you would have to either allow/deny specific udp traffic both ways.

example:
ip access-list extended blue-access
permit tcp 192.168.127.0 0.0.0.255 any established
deny tcp 192.168.127.0 0.0.0.255 any
permit ip any any

int vlan x (green l3 interface)
ip access-group blue-access out

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Old way was Copy into notepad and edit there then copy and paste acl back into router.  Using no access-list x will delete all lines/entries in ACL x on router.  new option -called Named mode- came out in order to edit acl on device itself. 

First of all, Only if you see sequence numbers in front of acl statements when you do show ip access-list.  IOS adds sequence numbers to ACL since version 12.2 I think or 12.4.  Then you can use Named ACL which start with ip access-list  not  access-list.

in any case, you must get into Named mode to see no option or sequence numbers to edit acl (see example below).

Example:

Router(config)#ip access-list extended 100

Router(config-ext-nacl)#?

<1-2147483647> Sequence Number

default  Set a command to its defaults

deny  Specify packets to reject

exit  Exit from access-list configuration mode

no  Negate a command or set its defaults

permit  Specify packets to forward

remark  Access list entry comment

Router(config-ext-nacl)#

Regards, ML

5 Replies 5

Martin L
VIP
VIP

simply do extended ACLs on router; technically, real world solution would be a Firewall but for CCNA exam cert, ACL is ok.

Regards, ML

Hello

You can negate access (tcp) with a routed-access list, as for udp that is  connectionless so you would have to either allow/deny specific udp traffic both ways.

example:
ip access-list extended blue-access
permit tcp 192.168.127.0 0.0.0.255 any established
deny tcp 192.168.127.0 0.0.0.255 any
permit ip any any

int vlan x (green l3 interface)
ip access-group blue-access out

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

how can i change the access list order ? like how can i move the permit any any rule to the bottom ?

Old way was Copy into notepad and edit there then copy and paste acl back into router.  Using no access-list x will delete all lines/entries in ACL x on router.  new option -called Named mode- came out in order to edit acl on device itself. 

First of all, Only if you see sequence numbers in front of acl statements when you do show ip access-list.  IOS adds sequence numbers to ACL since version 12.2 I think or 12.4.  Then you can use Named ACL which start with ip access-list  not  access-list.

in any case, you must get into Named mode to see no option or sequence numbers to edit acl (see example below).

Example:

Router(config)#ip access-list extended 100

Router(config-ext-nacl)#?

<1-2147483647> Sequence Number

default  Set a command to its defaults

deny  Specify packets to reject

exit  Exit from access-list configuration mode

no  Negate a command or set its defaults

permit  Specify packets to forward

remark  Access list entry comment

Router(config-ext-nacl)#

Regards, ML

thank you. That helps :)) 

could you take a look at my other question ? I think you will be able to answer that too. You find it in my profile

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card