Views
Helpful
Replies

How to choose router platform?

CHIEN-HSING WU
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need a router for up to 100 video streams.

Every stream is 1080p, 20 frame/s.

I'm not familiar with video streaming, someone said 2Mbps is normal for each stream.

Is 2Mbps enough for each stream?
Can you suggest a ISR G2 platform?

Thanks.

David Wu

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello.

HD video stream bandwidth is specific to vendor implementation and codec/compression in use.

Please ask your vendor for details.

If you want router to handle 200M, then you need 3925/3945.

If you want to use IPSec for the stream, then it's 3945 or 3925E + HSEC license.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello.

HD video stream bandwidth is specific to vendor implementation and codec/compression in use.

Please ask your vendor for details.

If you want router to handle 200M, then you need 3925/3945.

If you want to use IPSec for the stream, then it's 3945 or 3925E + HSEC license.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Mikhail is about spot on, going by Cisco recommendations.

I've attached a Cisco whitepaper about ISR performance.

Their final recommendations are based on WAN (duplex) bandwidth, which is really for total aggregate traffic through the router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco