Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure point to point connectivity between two sites

Hi exterts,

This is Mandar. I need help to configure point to point connectivity between two sites. Below is the current configuration.

site A

3560 core L3 switch available & it is configured in VTP transparent mode. couple of vlan configured with acl.

site b

SG 300 manageable switch 28 ports, its totally new switch

I need to configure P2P connectivity between these devices. But I don't how I do this. I am not network expert. Any help is greatly appreciate.

contact no: 7745076660

Thanks

Mandar.

7 Replies 7

Hello Mandar,

how are sites A and B connected ? Through the public Internet ? Or is this a campus with two different locations ? In the first case, both devices need to operate in Layer 3 mode. If this is a campus, you need to configure a trunk between both switches.

If you give us the details of how the sites are connected, we can help you with the configurations.

Hi Georg,

Thanks for reply

We are going to establish this connectivity using point to point tunneling. We already had discussion with our ISP to put one fiber cable between site A & site B. They will finish there work in next 2 days. But before that I want to prepare myself & do configuration on both sites. Below are the details what I know.

At site A: cisco 3560 24 port L3 swtich is running. on the switch couple of vlans created for project purpose, currently this is production switch. It is configured in vtp transparent mode. Under this switch we have two 2960 L2 switches. Our management vlan is 192.168.1.0/24.

At site B: there is cisco SG 300 L2 switch available. This is totally factory default switch I need to configure that switch but i don't know even how I configure this new switch, because I am not fully network engineer. But if you guide me steps I can do it.

On the above details I want to configure P2P connectivity.

let me know if you need more details.

Your help is really appreciate. Please rely fast as I am stuck on this task.

Hello,

I assume you refer to L2TP (Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol) ? I will check how to best configure this, and get back with you...

HI Georg,

For your reference I have attached current config of core switch for site a. Please see this.

At site A: cisco L3 core switch in vtp mode

&

At site B: cisco SG 300 switch( totally new switch)

We are purchasing private link between site A & site B with ISP.

Thanks

Mandar.

Hello

We need to understand what type of connection you have acquired -  By the sounds of it you have a L2VPN connection to extend you current network to another office?

I this is so, Then it would be just a mater of configuring the new switch as if you were at the main office and attaching the switch to the network there.

If this isnt the case and you'll need some L3 routing and this will be a bit different to what I have explained above but in either case please post the config of the existing l3 switch and we can try to assist you.

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

HI Paul,

Thanks for reply

We are going to establish this connectivity using point to point tunneling. We already had discussion with our ISP to put one fiber cable between site A & site B. They will finish there work in next 2 days. But before that I want to prepare myself & do configuration on both sites. Below are the details what I know.

At site A: cisco 3560 24 port L3 swtich is running. on the switch couple of vlans created for project purpose, currently this is production switch. It is configured in vtp transparent mode. Under this switch we have two 2960 L2 switches. Our management vlan is 192.168.1.0/24.

At site B: there is cisco SG 300 L2 switch available. This is totally factory default switch I need to configure that switch but i don't know even how I configure this new switch, because I am not fully network engineer. But if you guide me steps I can do it.

Hello

Attached is a very basic switch setup inline to what you already have -  I have not had any exposure to SG300 L2 switches so it may be you may have to tweek the attached config but it should be applicable to get you up and running for a L2 connection back to your main office.

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card