Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure RV042 using Putty?

kishore
Level 1
Level 1

I have a ISP, an SG300 Cisco Switch.

How to configure this router to receive internet from isp to my SG300 switch?

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The title of the post identifies RV042 while the text of the post identifies SG300. Which is the question really about?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Actually my network architecture goes like this 

I have isp-rv042 router-sg300 switch

I want to configure rv042 router using putty. How can i do that? please help me.

Thank you for clarifying that the question is about how to configure RV042. Putty is usually used when the router has a command line input. The RV042 is configured using a graphical user interface (browser based) and not command line. So I do not see a way to configure the RV042 using Putty.

You may find information in this link that will help you with configuration of your RV042 using a browser based interface.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/rv0xx/administration/guide/rv0xx_AG_78-19576_310513.pdf

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Actually i want to enable ssh and telnet in this rv042 router. And how can i do that?

Please help me.

Please look through the manual in the link that I sent and tell me if you find any reference to either telnet or ssh.

While telnet and ssh are common practice in IOS routers the Small Business routers like RV042 do their management with browser based GUI interfaces.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card