cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to connect router with EIGRP another router with static route?

ch_2718
Level 1
Level 1

hi there, as I am configuring my topology. I bump to this problem where in I need to connect a Router to another Router but the thing is that the Router1 needs to connect to Router 2 with EIGRP protocol, now the Router2 is also connected to another 2 routers.( Routers 2,3,4 has static route between them, and each have single switch and pc's) I have tried to do the EIGRP command already with static default route to Router 1 and had an effective connection to Router2. now, every routers has pc under it and I need to ping each pc's to each other  from Routers1,2,3,4 and also need to ping every Routers from Router1. my question is that how can I ping the end devices of Routers 2 and 3 to the pc of Router1 and what should I do between the connections from router1 to router 3 and 4 if It is only required to use static routing on R2,3,4 and the EIGRP only for R1,2?    

Sorry if this is like a basic thing but I am just new to cisco, so thank you for the help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can run Eigrp on all the device (to avoid static routes manually configure)  - if you have only 1 exit point then that is down side of the design.

On router you can run 1 EIGRP process, or you can run do 2 different EIGRP process to redistribute the network. ( o Router 2 you can summrise )

you can see the design :

https://networkdirection.net/articles/routingandswitching/eigrpdesign/

Note : when you get chance make small diagram with IP address, so you get idea what IP address p2p and data and voice IP address.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can run Eigrp on all the device (to avoid static routes manually configure)  - if you have only 1 exit point then that is down side of the design.

On router you can run 1 EIGRP process, or you can run do 2 different EIGRP process to redistribute the network. ( o Router 2 you can summrise )

you can see the design :

https://networkdirection.net/articles/routingandswitching/eigrpdesign/

Note : when you get chance make small diagram with IP address, so you get idea what IP address p2p and data and voice IP address.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card