cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to prefer iBGP over EIGRP

oldcreek12
Level 1
Level 1

My branch office has 3 major network components, a core switch terminates all remote L3 subnets, a DMVPN (spoke) hanging off corp HQ DMVPN HUB and a MPLS-VPN CE which has connection to HQ and other branches, I am running EIGRP between core switch and DMVPN spoke, iBGP between core switch and MPLS-VPN CE, in order to prefer MPLS link to HQ, I summarize EIGRP routes but not BGP routes (on both HQ and branch officies), so the core switch will naturally select more specific prefixes for forwarding.

Now I need to add a 10.0.0.0/8 static route in our HQ to route all unknown traffic to another company's global network, so I redistribute this static route to both BGP and EIGRP in HQ, branch office will have D-EX (170) and Bi (200) for this route, I want traffic destined to 10.0.0.0/8 to still flow to MPLS route, what are the options do I have besides changing admin distance of iBGP on core switch?

1 Reply 1

Hi,

I think that you need to change that AD of iBGP for 10.0.0.0/8 at the branch routers. As far as I know is that you cannot change the AD of External-Eigrp for specific routes.

HTH,

Toshi

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card