cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to remove "deleted" status of sub-interface on cisco router.

sayem4you
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Can u please help me out to remove/vanish "deleted" status of sub-interface on cisco router. When we delete a sub-interface of router it shows "deleted" in status column. Is there any way to remove/vanish that status. Only way i got reload the router.

Please have a look after the attachment.

Thanks,

Sayem.

3 Replies 3

hello
reload router

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Praveen AR
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Zillur Rahman,

Unless you reload router deleted  status will not go

My experience has been that if the subinterfaces were configured on a serial interface (frame relay subinterfaces) that changing the encapsulation of the interface (to something like ppp) and then changing it back to encapsulation frame-relay would remove the subinterfaces. But on the GigabitEthernet the subinterfaces will remain in the output of show ip interface brief but not show up in the output of show running-config until the router is reloaded.

Perhaps it would help to understand what is going on with this. The explanation starts from the understanding that the running config is not a text file (as we sometimes think of it) but is a binary data structure. When you originally configure the subinterface an entry is created in the interface structure. When you delete the subinterface the content associated with the interface structure is removed but the entry in the structure remains and the only way to get rid of it is to reload the router.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card