cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to route Guest VLAN across WAN

jennifer
Level 1
Level 1

I have two sites connected by an MPPLS line.  My main site has a wireless Guest network that uses my ASA as a DHCP server.  I would like to install a Guest network in my second site.  My MPPLS line is a Layer 3 and needs to know the networks to be aware of.  I am not sure how to configure the routing for this to work.  I am attaching the router configs and a basic network drawing.  Any advice would be appreciated.

18 Replies 18

OK.  I will try it that way.  I will have to have my provider add the subnet first so that may take a couple days. 

Thanks for all your help.

Hi.  I was reading through some ASA documentation and it said something about the DHCP clients had to be connected to the ASA and could not be across a router.  Do you know if that still applies?  I did go ahead and create a subinteface and configured DHCP on it.  I still need to change my router, switch, and access point for the new Vlan... and waiting on provider.

I haven't labbed that up, and personally have no experience outside of VPN connections that relay dhcp requests to our internal server. Have you thought about having another pool for the guest wireless at the Madison location only? You could create a pool for them and still assign any pertinent information. You can mix helpers and local scopes if needed on your router.

HTH,
John

*** Please rate all useful posts ***

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Hmmm... I will give that some thought and see if I can figure something out.

Thanks again.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card