Views
Helpful
Replies

how to shutdown the cisco switch 2960

vkarthik.cs
Level 1
Level 1

hi friends,

how to shutdown the cisco switch 2960........May u help me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

darren.g
Level 5
Level 5

karthik v wrote:

hi friends,

Pull out the power plug.

Cisco's aren't like Juniper's - there's no "shutdown" command. if the pwoer is on, the switch will be on.

You can *disable* it by putting every interface into "shutdown" state if you wish.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

darren.g
Level 5
Level 5

karthik v wrote:

hi friends,

Pull out the power plug.

Cisco's aren't like Juniper's - there's no "shutdown" command. if the pwoer is on, the switch will be on.

You can *disable* it by putting every interface into "shutdown" state if you wish.

Cheers.

thank u friend........but i like to know thing that is..........say for example, i am turn off the switch....again turn on switch......i like to know when my switch is turned on & off........what is command for it my dear.

karthik v wrote:

thank u friend........but i like to know thing that is..........say for example, i am turn off the switch....again turn on switch......i like to know when my switch is turned on & off........what is command for it my dear.

I'm not sure I understand what you want. Look at a clock and see when you turn the switch on. Alternately, a "show version" command will tell you how long the switch has been up (turned on) since the last reboot.

thank you my dear friend.............

"dear"???  *Blink*, *blink* ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card